Friday, December 23, 2011

Rick Perry (in review)


Rick Perry Freedom Score of 6 (out of a possible 10)

Key Notes
Governor of Texas

Conservative Strengths
Strong against abortion
Strong against homosexuality
Strong for states rights

Conservative Weakness
Has Mandated Vaccines for girls 12 years old


Rick Perry is one of the better candidates in the race, but I'm still not sure if I would vote for him over a Ron Paul 3rd party run.

He is terrible at debates which has really hurt him in the public opinion. He makes minor blunders that are very comical and kind of reminds me of George W. Bush.


He is a typical run of the mill strong "Republican" candidate. He will be very attractive to many Christians, but may not have a shot because of Michelle Bauchmann taking votes because she is so close in values.

The biggest thing that concerns me about Perry is that he mandated that all Texas twelve year old girls be required to get a vaccine for cervical cancer. This is caused my being sexually active and ridiculous that any government would require 12 year old girls get a vaccine to stop a sexually transmitted disease. Parents could opt out, but that isn't good enough for me. You can't mandate and then allow an opt out. It should be an opt in and no mandate.

That shows me he believes like states have the right to mandate that the people "have to do" anything. I disagree strongly, but that is the only thing I've had a problem with him about.

The Bantam Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment